Is it true?
News from Muncie Star Press:

Is it true that fluorescent lights have mercury in them? I do know that years ago I was told never to put old fluorescent lights in the trash.

I also was told that anyone working under them would have certain vitamins deficiencies. Is this true?

Will these shortly-to-be-required light bulbs have mercury in them? If one is broken, will the premises have to be decontaminated? Also, will old ones need to go to a recycling facility?

Nearly all fluorescent lights contain some mercury. Here is what the Energystar website says about mercury in compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs): CFLs contain a very small amount of mercury sealed within the glass tubing — an average of 4 milligrams (mg). By comparison, older thermometers contain about 500 milligrams of mercury — an amount equal to the mercury in 125 CFLs. Mercury is an essential part of CFLs; it allows the bulb to be an efficient light source. No mercury is released when the bulbs are intact (not broken) or in…………… continues on Muncie Star Press
… Read the full article
.

Related News:


{rss}
.

Related News:
{yahoonews}

{rss}


{commissionjunction}